Monday, January 25, 2010

Wow...

Wow I'm behind on this thing!! August??!! What a slacker I am! So I've been reading this Potty Training manual and I'm feeling kind of like a loser mother. Not only have I been slacking on writing a blog, but according to this manual I should have really stuck to potty training the boys earlier than now. I'm not sure what to do. If I start training them now, is it just going to mess them up when we move in the next couple months? And be training pretty much wasted? Should I wait until after the move? Or will that make it even harder than it is going to be now? I wish I knew what to do. And I really hope all of that made sense and doesn't sound like just some ramblings of a crazy person.

5 comments:

I See Badgers said...

i don't think that you are toooo crazy.

-eric

Katy said...

Laura, the most comforting potty training book i've read is called Stress Free Potty Training. Personally, I think the title is a complete joke, but I love the approach of the book. It made me feel a million times better about the whole deal. The ones that claim you can train in a few days I think put too much pressure on everyone. Give that book a try and let me know what you think. I'd loan it to you, but my only copy is on my Kindle, so not so loan-able. :) Good luck, and try not to stress it too much!

Emily said...

I am not looking forward to potty training. Especially with a kid that doesn't like the toilet. I don't know what we are going to do.
Good luck.

Edna said...

Well, I'm a little late responding to this but at this point I can say for a certainty you are not a loser mother. The average age for being toilet-trained is three, which means some kids are older and some kids are younger when it finally clicks for them. I know you're anxious to no longer have to use diapers, but be assured they will not want to wear diapers to school so they will definitely be using the toilet in two years!

Matt Asay said...

I am glad to see that you updated this page. Good job....keep it coming.