Sunday, October 5, 2008

Big Boy Beds


We decided to put the potty training on hold for a little bit. We took the gate down that we had in the bathroom and the boys are way more interested in playing around in the bathroom than using the potty. The tub is by far the most interesting place in the whole house right now, so once they get over that excitement we'll try the potty training again. Instead we graduated the boys to big boy beds! We took the side rails off and put the little side guards on, so now they can crawl in and out of their beds anytime they want. Yikes!!! They're actually doing pretty good with it. It's only been two days and I've found them in their cribs both nights when I checked in on them. Kalsin just discovered how to open the door tonight however, so we had to put a child lock on it so he couldn't escape.

2 comments:

Amy said...

It's nice to not have to lift them out of the crib anymore, isn't it?
I remember Michael didn't know he could get out of bed by himself for a long time, though, which was nice in a way because he didn't try to sneak out at night. But in the morning he'd call for me until I went to get him out.

Michael, by the way, didn't potty train until he was almost 3. You might have a while on that one. Boys are notoriously late potty trainers.

Katy said...

Yikes! Babies get too big way too fast. I want E&A in cribs forever. I like having a place I know they're safe and they can't escape. That's fun that the boys are ready for that, and I saw the retraction--how funny that they're sleeping in other places! I guess at least they're sleeping... my kids would probably be up to no good and never sleep at all! :)